Children’s Multimedia Resource Centre
Welcome to the National Central Library Children's Multimedia Resource Centre.
This new and exciting Gentry provides various computer games, video, audio materials and other related facilities for children and youth to get experience and gain creative exposure in using computers.
- To stimulate children and youth minds and enable them get easy access to the library’s collection of audio and visual materials.
- To attract more children/youth to join the library hence develop a reading habit and love of books.
- To expose the children/youth to the use of latest information and communication technology in computerization and related facilities.
- To enable children/youth to get access to information in various forms such as textual, sound, still and moving pictures.
- Enable children/youth to see the library as a place for adventure, filled with stories, facts, pictures and music,
- To create interest in creative activities and prepare them to become good future citizens.
- To make the centre a cultural and a social meeting place for children and youth.
- The centre became operational in June 1999.
- The multimedia resource centre is equipped with motion and still-projection materials such as:
Computers, Printers, Television, Video cassette recorder, Photocopying machine, Arts and crafts materials and various children's games outdoor and indoor.
The centre was established with the financial support from United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Services / Activities
Story telling, arts and crafts, computer and traditional games video and film shows, music and singing, reading/writing club, public debate, video recording for distribution to other TLSB service points.
Assistance to Users
TLSB staff will guide and assist the users on how to choose, use and operate the equipment. User education will be given from time to time
Nursery-primary school pupils and Secondary School students.
Annual Membership is 2,000/= per person Membership must be renewed every year.
- Admission to the centre is for members only AN item must be used within the Multimedia Centre
- Users must show their membership cards on entering the Multimedia Resource Centre.
- The Management of the centre reserves the right to restrict admission
Mondays - Fridays - 9.00 Am. - 4.00 p.m. Saturdays- 9.00 a.m. - 2.00 a. m.
The Centre will be closed on Sundays and Public Holidays